U.K. to Kenya Shipping for Online Stores: The Complete Guide
How do I receive a parcel from the UK to Kenya?
The UK has an established and sophisticated e-commerce market and one of the largest and most commercially engaged customer bases Kenya consumers spend £12.5 billion a year on goods and services from the U.K.
This guide tells you everything you need to know. U.K. to Kenya shipping costs, U.K. to Kenya shipping times, customs considerations, essential import duties, packing tips, and more – we’ve got you covered.
You are about to learn about shipping from the U.K. to Kenya Here’s what we’ll cover:
• Shipping from the U.K. to Kenya – the most important things
• Shipping from the U.K. to Kenya will benefit your e-commerce business
• Which couriers ship from the U.K. to Kenya.?
• Shipping from the U.K. to Kenya with Royal Mail
• What factors affect shipping costs?
• What factors affect delivery times?
• Potential delays due to holidays
• What are the import duties and taxes?
• How do I know how much I must pay in import duties and taxes?
• How to calculate import duties?
• How to calculate the import tax?
• What goods cannot be shipped to Kenya?
• Prohibited Goods
• Sending messages in Kenya: Important things to consider
Before you begin, download our International Shipping Checklist. With this document, you select everything you need for a smooth international shipment.
Shipping from the U.K. to Kenya – the most important things
As mentioned, this guide covers all the shipping information you need in the following sections. But to give you a rough idea of cost and time, here are some examples of the more popular shipping providers.
• What are the shipping costs for sending a small package to Kenya?
The price to send an international parcel tracked and signed for up to 2kg with UK Kenya Shipping is cheap compared to other companies.
But shipping something more significant, like a 5kg, 10x10x10cm package to Kenya., will cost more. From Hermes, it costs £72.66. This is a courier service and takes 3-7 working days. Delivery to a service point costs just under £72.24.
So there’s no easy answer, to be honest. But don’t worry; we cover all of that and more.
Learn more about finding an exemplary Kenya. shipping service for your business.
What are the benefits of international delivery?
We mentioned it above – but it certainly bears repeating – Kenya consumers spend more every year on goods and services from the U.K. In addition to this significant opportunity, buyers in Kenya rely on U.K. companies to supply quality products at competitive prices.
E-commerce is as seamlessly integrated into consumer behavior as in the U.K., so there shouldn’t be any surprises when tackling this lucrative new market. And, of course, Kenya consumers use some of the same e-commerce platforms as U.K. sellers, including Etsy, eBay, and Amazon.
Shipping from the U.K. to Kenya: The Breakdown
Now we come to the crux of the matter. Choosing the exemplary shipping service for your e-commerce business from the U.K. to Kenya The costs and benefits offered are essential to your growth strategy in Kenya
Your U.K. customers demand excellent customer service, good value for money, a choice of postage options, and, of course, that their parcels arrive on time and in perfect condition.
When doing your research, it’s important to remember that you don’t have to choose just one shipping provider. One carrier is better for fast deliveries and another for non-urgent packages.
Why not give your customers the choice and take advantage of the wide rates for you? It’s up to you to decide what works best for your business now and in the future.
Now proceed with your search. In this section, we’ll discuss how much it costs to ship from the U.K. to Kenya We’ll also reveal how long it takes to ship from the U.K. to Kenya with some of the best-known and most popular couriers.
Which couriers ship from the U.K. to Kenya?
E-commerce retailers can choose from a variety of carriers when shipping goods from the U.K. to Kenya These include:
1. UK Kenya shipping
5. Royal mail
As mentioned above, you don’t have to be tied to a single carrier. If you choose one service from one and another shipping service from another, that’s up to you. Or better yet, why not have the complete flexibility to choose from the best carriers as your business and needs change and grow?
Shipping from the U.K. to Kenya with Royal Mail
Royal Mail works with its sister company Parcel Force for international shipments, including shipments to Kenya. All international delivery services are fully tracked.
Coverage ranges from £200 for priority and express services to £100 for economy services. You can choose between the following urgent and non-urgent services.
Shipping from the U.K. to Kenya with DHL
DHL offers several fully tracked international delivery services from the U.K. to Kenya. Customers can choose between the Preferred Delivery Signature, Required Signature, and Required Adult Signature. Insurance is not included.
The courier offers £12.00 protection on shipments up to a value of £800 or 1.5% of the total value of over £800.
Available shipping methods from the U.K. to Kenya with DHL
• DHL Parcel International: This is a worldwide delivery service that offers both proof of delivery and online tracking. Customers can request pre-delivery notices and up to £500 in comprehensive insurance coverage.
The maximum dimensions of the package are 120 x 60 x 60 cm. Parcels can weigh up to 25 kg. Delivery times depend on the origin and destination of the property. Please get in touch with DHL for more information.
• DHL Worldwide Air Delivery: This is the preferred service for urgent parcels. End-to-end tracking and proof of delivery are included. Comprehensive insurance covering up to £1000 is available if your items are of significant value.
The maximum package dimensions are 120 x 60 x 60 or 100 x 80 x 80cm. The total package weight is 25kg. Delivery takes between 1 and 3 days, depending on the exact destination.
Shipping time from the U.K. to Kenya by DHL
Customers can drop off their shipments at any of DPD’s 2,500 delivery points and receive proof of delivery for added peace of mind. Packages are protected up to a value of £50. Additional insurance is available up to a value of €5,000. DPD also offers multilingual customer service.
DPD Air Classic: This is an economical option if your parcels are not urgent. Deliveries take between 4 and 7 days, depending on the day you send them and the exact origin and destination.
Shipping times from the U.K. to Kenya with DPD
Shipping from the U.K. to Kenya with FedEx
FedEx customers can choose from 3 great options when shipping from the U.K. to Kenya. Customers can choose from various delivery signature options, including no, indirect, direct, and adult signatures.
FedEx does not provide liability or comprehensive insurance, but the shipper may pay additional charges for the declared value for carriage. Visit the FedEx website for more information.
Shipping methods available from the U.K. to Kenya with FedEx
• FedEx International First: This premium FedEx service gets your shipments to their destination within two days. Deliveries must arrive before 8 am or 8.30 am.
• FedEx International Priority: As the name suggests, this is the fastest shipping service from the U.K. to Kenya with FedEx. Shipments are delivered the next day to businesses in Kenya and at noon to most residential addresses. Deliveries may take longer to more distant locations.
• FedEx International Economy: This economical service from FedEx is ideal for less urgent shipments. Deliveries will arrive at their destination in 2 to 5 days.
Shipping methods available from the U.K. to Kenya with Hermes
There are two different options for the submission portion of the job; via a courier service or by delivering your parcel to one of the 4,500 Hermes parcel shops across the U.K.
The latter method costs less than using a courier. It is important to note that Hermes Parcel Shops can only accept parcels with a maximum length of 115cm and a maximum weight of 15kg. If you use the Hermes Parcel Shop service, you cannot agree on a delivery signature.
The package can be left unattended upon delivery. Hermes is not an international service, so they work with local couriers, and parcels are transferred to external services for delivery.
Shipping from the U.K. to Kenya with UPS
UPS is a reputable American company with a great network and an excellent reputation there. The carrier offers a good range of shipping methods from the U.K. to Kenya.
UPS also offers several pickup options, including Saturday and regular pickups for e-commerce retailers who deliver regularly and want to plan. Here are the UPS Kenya shipping services you can choose from:
Things to consider when shipping from the U.K. to Kenya
Now that we’ve completed the full list of offerings from the various carriers, we thought it would be helpful to include some FAQs for e-commerce retailers shipping from the U.K. to Kenya
We’ve included information about factors that can affect your shipment, packing tips to help you avoid delays and damage and save you money, and an overview of your import and customs duties.
What factors affect shipping costs from the U.K. to Kenya?
As with deliveries to other international destinations, shipping costs to Kenya depend on the following:
• The weight of the package.
• When you want the package to be delivered.
• Your delivery signature requirements.
• The type of monitoring needed.
• Any other additional services such as insurance.
What factors affect how long it takes to ship a package from the U.K. to Kenya?
Delivery times for your package shipped to Kenya depend on the following factors:
• The chosen shipping service provider.
• Your chosen shipping method, such as standard, express, premium, etc.
• If you want to collect or deliver the parcel.
• The exact destination of the goods (as you can imagine, distant destinations may take longer).
• Settlement time.
Here is a breakdown of the average shipping time from the U.K. to Kenya from the table below:
The average delivery time to Kenya is 3 to 4 business days for economy services
2-3 business days for express services
Therefore, proper packing and packaging techniques should be critical to your Kenya shipping strategy. Not only does it ensure your goods are safe and secure, but it also helps you cut costs, as larger packages usually incur higher prices. Overhangs can also add unnecessary costs to your shipments.
How do you pack a package safely?
Here are some tips for packing your parcels safely:
1. When booking your shipment, check the pricing tables for package dimensions (dimensions) and weight.
2. Use safe, lightweight filler materials such as bubble wrap and Styrofoam or eco-friendly materials such as FSC-approved recycled cardboard, paper, and biodegradable packaging.
3. Use sturdy packaging and reinforce the corners with tape for additional protection.
4. Respect the maximum dimensions of 120 x 60 x 60 cm (external measurement) and 360 cm (belt measurement) to avoid additional costs.
5. Securely attach all important customs documents to the outside of the package.
6. Address the package correctly. This brings us neatly to our next section
How to write a Kenyan address when shipping from the U.K. to Kenya?
When shipping from the U.K. to Kenya, the address should be typed and capitalized where possible. The house number should be written before the street name, followed by the city name, state abbreviation, and complete zip code.
Tip: We recommend including the recipient’s mobile phone number and email address on your package. If there is a problem, they can be contacted immediately to find a solution and minimize delays.
What customs documents are required to ship from the U.K. to Kenya?
You must include all correct customs documents and ensure they are completed correctly. Customs officers aren’t known for leniency or patience with mis documented paperwork — and with good reason.
Failure to comply with customs documents may result in fines, delays, or non-arrival of the goods at their destination. And that’s not good for the excellent customer experience and loyalty you create.
What is an Air Freight Invoice?
An Air Waybill (AWB) is a customs document issued with goods shipped by an international courier. The AWB acts as a legal contract between shipper and carrier, so as you can imagine, it must be provided correctly.
The AWB contains essential information about the shipment, such as the buyer’s address, the value of the goods, the description of the goods, and the. This is essential information not only for shipping processes but also because it facilitates tracking.
What is a commercial invoice, and why do I need one?
They are required if you ship with an international courier like UK Kenya shipping. Having a standardized form helps speed up processes and avoid delays.
The seller’s responsible for ensuring that the commercial invoice is completed and included with the shipment. Still, sending a copy of the commercial invoice to the customer before shipment is a good idea to ensure the details are correct.
So why do aspiring e-merchants need to understand commercial invoices? In short, you need a commercial invoice to ensure your parcels clear customs quickly and avoid fines and delays for your customers.
So it’s definitely worth getting it right! You can find everything you need to know about commercial invoices, including what to include, and you can download a free template by visiting our complete guide to commercial invoices.
What are CN22 and CN23 customs declarations, and why do I need them?
The CN22 and CN23 customs declaration forms contain information that accurately describes the contents of the package. You must provide the completed form correctly when sending with a postal company such as Royal Mail.
They help busy customs officials quickly and easily understand what you’re shipping. This allows them to process and clear your shipments more efficiently and deliver them to your customers on time.
What is the difference between a CN22 and a CN23?
If your shipment is worth up to £270, you must include a signed and dated CN22. If the value exceeds £270 or your parcel weighs more than 2kg, you must provide a CN23 customs declaration.
Need more information about these modules?
We’ll think about it. Visit our comprehensive guide to CN22 and CN23 customs declarations to learn everything, plus a free, easy-to-use tool for creating your forms.
Of course, this can be a difficult and daunting topic for e-commerce retailers, but once you’ve taken the time to familiarize yourself with important considerations, like which customs tariff numbers to use, it’s not all that difficult.
Here’s an overview of everything you need to know about duties and taxes for shipping from the U.K. to Kenya.
What are taxes?
Although goods are purchased overseas, they may still be subject to government taxes such as VAT and GST when they arrive in the country. Taxes vary by country and are usually paid by the importer.
As an online trader, you are classified as an exporter on the sales exchange, and your customer is classified as an importer.
How do I know how much I must pay for import duties and taxes?
Several factors affect the amount of duties and taxes you have to pay:
• The H.S. code of the product: This is a universally accepted short code used to classify goods. You can read more about this handy system in our complete guide to H.S. codes.
• What assets are and how much they are worth: The type of assets and their value will affect the amount of taxes and duties you pay. Another reason why it’s so important to include the correct information on your commercial invoice.
• Incoterms: Another functional system for international shipments. Incoterms help standardize and streamline shipping processes by outlining various responsibilities for insurance, transportation, customs clearance, and liability. In short, the Incoterm you choose determines what you, as a seller, are responsible for and what your customer is responsible for.
They decide whether or not you pay the costs of import duties and taxes or your customer pays them. And yes, we also have a comprehensive guide to Incoterms, so you get it right the first time.
Remember: Check the origin line for the type of products you are shipping. You may be required to provide proof of origin for your goods or to access preferential excise duty rates.
How do I calculate the import duties I have to pay?
1. Check the tax rate on goods you ship to Kenya. You should be able to find it with our free H.S. code finder.
2. Add the value of the goods, all transportation costs, insurance premiums, and all other costs together and multiply the total by the import duty. The total is the amount of import duty you have to pay on your shipment as it passes through customs
How do I calculate the tax I have to pay?
1. Find out the sales tax (VAT) rates for Kenya. At the time of writing, it was 10%.
2. Add up the value of your goods, all transportation costs, insurance premiums, import duties, and any additional costs you have incurred.
How do I know when to pay duties and taxes on my goods?
In most cases, shippers pay duties and taxes on goods before they arrive at customs in the destination country. Some carriers offer a paid service to handle this, which can speed up your import processes, especially if you’re new to international shipping.
What goods cannot be shipped to the United States?
It’s up to you to ensure you understand your responsibilities when shipping to Kenya, including knowing what goods you can’t send. The types of prohibited goods change over time, so it’s important to check official Kenya import information if you’re shipping a new kind of product. Your carrier may also be able to help you with this.
• All candies that contain something inedible (e.g. surprise eggs)
• Animals or plants that enjoy species protection
• Drugs or medicines
• Counterfeit products
• Documents with unconstitutional content
• Pornographic products
• Animal products
• All types of weapons and ammunition
• Dangerous goods such as batteries, rechargeable batteries (including those integrated into mobile phones) and chemicals
Sending messages in Kenya: important considerations
If you’re an online retailer that sells groceries, there are a few essential things to do and consider before shipping those delicious ground beef pies, Earl Gray tea bags, or Marmite jars.
When sending groceries to Kenya, be sure to:
1. Register with the Kenya Food & Drug Administration (FDA) and submit a complete notification to the FDA.
2. At the relevant arrival airport, ask for an import specialist who can advise you on all required regulations and documents. Consider hiring a Kenya customs broker to handle this for you.
3. If in doubt, check with your carrier if they are willing to carry your goods.
We hope this comprehensive guide to shipping from the U.K. to Kenya has helped you start your journey to grow your business in Kenya With so many business opportunities; it’s worth familiarizing yourself with the administration and bureaucracy.
As we said before, remember that you don’t have to choose just one shipping provider. If you sign up for UK Kenya Shipping, you can select from several shipping providers with just a few clicks! It seems good. Find out more today!
What is the cheapest way to ship internationally from the U.K. in 2023?
The ultimate guide to cheap international shipping from the U.K. – how to get the best rates on overseas shipping from the U.K., including parcels, parcels, large boxes, furniture, and more.
Are you planning to move abroad or ship things to another country and want to find the cheapest shipping method? Then you have come to the right place!
When shipping internationally, you no doubt want to keep costs to a minimum and get the lowest possible price. tips and tricks to get cheap shipping quotes while ensuring safe and efficient transportation of your parcels, large boxes, furniture, etc.
This article discusses the cheapest ways to ship your items overseas and shares expert advice on saving money and avoiding common shipping mistakes. Our goal is to provide you with the knowledge and confidence to navigate the intricacies of international shipping without breaking the bank.
So please sit back, relax, and let us take you through the exciting world of affordable international shipping from the U.K., making your overseas relocation or delivery of belongings as smooth and hassle-free as possible in 2023!
Here we look at how to get the best value for your shipment instead of just the cheapest. We’ll also show you how to check your quote to see what’s included and what needs to be added and warn you about fake savings that won’t save you any money in the long run. After all, you want cheap but not too cheap!
Better yet, use one of our new cost calculators to get a personalized quote for your shipment.
Free online calculator for international shipping
Is international shipping from the U.K. expensive?
Shipping or shipping small personal items overseas can be expensive. Also, the cost of an air courier to send parcels of personal effects from the U.K. may be costly for large quantities.
However, sea shipping can be much cheaper than you think using an international moving service or a specialist personal shipping service. Unlike excess baggage fees, the more packages you send, the cheaper it gets.
Inexpensive shipping methods to overseas destinations
Below we look at all the cheap ways to ship your belongings when you move abroad. The most affordable service depends mainly on how much you send and how quickly you need your belongings. The fastest method is air transport, but also the most expensive. Sea transportation is the cheapest, but it takes the longest.
Cheap parcel and parcel shipping abroad
UK Kenya Shipping is the best way to go if you are sending a parcel or a small one. There are also international parcel services online, such as UK Kenya Shipping, which you can use to find the cheapest quote.
However, the cost per kilo is relatively high, so if you need to ship larger quantities, it’s best to consider other options, such as personal shipping services for sending large parcels and bags, such as those offered by PSS International.
The most cost-effective way to ship large boxes and oversized parcels overseas
If you need to ship a large box or even a few boxes if you’re moving overseas, postal services are not an option, and international courier services can be prohibitively expensive.
In this situation, sending your belongings from the U.K. to an overseas destination using a specialist shipping service is the cheapest option.
This method is unsuitable for shipping bulky items such as furniture requiring an international moving service.
Excess Baggage/International Economy Baggage Shipping
Consider cheaper shipping options if you have more bags than your airline’s baggage allowance. Excess baggage airfares can be expensive, and I often notice you are limited in the amount you can send.
• Extra baggage fees – Expensive, but you can save money if you book in advance.
An inexpensive way to ship furniture overseas
This brings us nicely to the cheapest ways to ship furniture internationally. Interestingly, given the distances involved, moving furniture and other items abroad with moving companies is relatively cheap considering the volume shipped.
However, they require an international furniture moving service with specialized packaging and handling. If you’re moving the whole family, you can reserve a full 20 or 40-foot container.
If you’re shipping a smaller load, the shipping company may pool your belongings to share with others moving to the same city or country and share the shipping container price.
Send cheap cars and vehicles abroad.
Moving abroad, you’ll probably want to ship your car with everything else, as many vehicles are more expensive there.
There are several ways to do this that can save you money. The most common methods for shipping cars are:
• Roll On Roll Off (RORO) – This may seem like the cheapest way to do it, but you need to factor in the time and cost of delivering the vehicle to the port and collecting it from the port. RORO prices also exclude customs clearance and other charges, so you usually save yourself the effort and money using a container shipping service.
• Another cheap way to transport your car is to transport it with your furniture and personal effects in a large container. Because you ship everything simultaneously, you can save much money that would have been spent on different shipping methods.
Vehicles can be tricky, so speak to one of our car transport consultants who can advise if it’s worth it.
The following tips will help you reduce shipping costs:
• International shipping by sea is cheaper than air shipping.
• Choose a reliable, low-cost international shipping company that ships regularly from the U.K. – they know how to get you the lowest prices.
• Always check the fine print on quotes to see what is included in the price and what costs are not included.
• Tidy up and try to limit the amount you take with you, leaving behind old objects and things you no longer use.
• Conversely, you should make sure you take enough with you, as abroad you will find that it is much more expensive.
While you can save on shipping costs, you can always pay more when you exchange your items. For example, it is often worth taking household appliances, tools, and similar devices with you.
• When moving abroad, try to book as early as possible; when you give the shipping company more time, you give them the opportunity and flexibility to offer you a lower price.
• For the cheapest quotes, try to ship during the quieter time of the year. Prices can be much more expensive during busy times. You must check this as the seasons vary depending on the destination country.
• The more significant the volume shipped, the lower the price per cubic foot.
• Get expert advice and ask the sender you’re using to ensure all your documents and forms are filled out correctly.
• To negotiate! Most moving companies operate on extremely tight margins; However, it doesn’t hurt to ask for a discount as they may be able to offer you a better price.
• Do not ask shippers to collect your personal belongings; instead, deliver what items you can to their storage.
• Although you should invest in transport or marine insurance, it is not necessary to cover everything, just valuables, and fragile items, not items such as old clothes and other items such as duvets.
What to avoid?
There are things you should try to avoid when shipping overseas. You need to check precisely which items are allowed and which are subject to customs duties.
Tips for avoiding custom fees, quarantine fees, and other fees
• To save the most money, understand customs regulations to avoid unnecessary taxes and duties. You must pay these taxes and fees before you can receive your shipment
• Always make sure that the items you send are not prohibited; for example, avoid products of animal, vegetable and plant origin.
Disclaimer: Is your shipping quote too low?
It may seem strange to ask this question.
This is a very competitive market, so most moving and shipping companies offering the same services should quote around the same amount.
Beware of cheap quotes slightly lower than you expected than others you have received. Take a look at what is involved before choosing your transport company.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
• Port-to-port throughput-based pricing becomes cheaper. However, you will find door-to-door service easier.
• Do all the quotes received for shipments of the same volume cover all the items you wish to ship?
• Is the quote an all-inclusive moving service, including packing, customs clearance, delivery, etc.??
• The sender may use non-accredited shipping companies so that they may offer cheaper rates professionally, or high-quality materials should not be used.
• The transport or moving company may not have the correct FIDI FIM or BAR Overseas accreditation.
• Unreliable, unregulated, and inexperienced agents may be used.
Because UK Kenya Shipping can offer cheap shipping abroad
With the above tips and tricks, finding a shipping company that offers cheap shipping abroad will become much more manageable. Though you don’t have to look much further than UK Kenya Shipping.
We can provide reasonably cheap quotes for shipping the contents of your property here in the U.K. to your new location overseas.
How and why can we make such advantageous offers? There are several good reasons why, including:
• The fact that we specialize in overseas shipments and international removals
• We help thousands of people move abroad every year
• We’re no chicken in the spring regarding moving so that we can offer efficient and convenient services.
• Our team of consultants are experienced in completing documents and forms and can help you do it quickly and accurately.
• We ship internationally regularly and often offer cheaper shared container and groupage options.
• We’ve secured some of the best air freight rates for our customers who need a more urgent shipping form.
• Our team of packers are highly trained, professional, and efficient. They are the best in the business as far as we are concerned, and although they are swift, they are also cautious and make sure every item is packed securely.
• At the submission stage of your relocation planning, our values have sufficient experience and knowledge to provide you with a very accurate estimate.
• They also give practical advice and packing tips, what you should and shouldn’t take with you and for what purpose.
International shipping – request your quote today
If you’re ready to move and want to find out how much it will cost to move abroad, don’t hesitate to contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote from a member of our team. They can discuss options to ensure you get the lowest price on shipping.