SHIPPING TO KENYA FROM UK?
Receiving international shipments is becoming increasingly common in today’s interconnected world.
Whether it’s an online purchase, a gift from a loved one, or even an essential document, having a clear understanding of the process can help ensure a smooth shipping process of your Parcel to Kenya.
The following steps describe how to receive an international parcel in Kenya, including customs, shipping options, and delivery services.
1. Before accepting a package from an international sender, you must verify that the parcel has been shipped and that the sender has supplied the necessary information.
2. Understanding Customs Regulations play an essential function in international package delivery. Therefore, to ensure timely and smooth shipping of your parcel, one must familiarise himself with Kenya’s customs policies.
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) is responsible for overseeing customs procedures. Visit their website and call their customer service department for up-to-date information on import duties, restricted items, and documentation requirements.
3. Selecting an appropriate shipping method is crucial When acquiring a package from a foreign country and under the help of UK Kenya Shipping Ltd they will advice you accordingly. Here are some frequent alternatives:
a. International Postal Services: Services such as EMS (Express Mail Service) and registered mail offered by national postal authorities are economical alternatives for smaller shipments. However, their delivery times and tracking capabilities are likely to be longer.
b. Companies such as DHL, FedEx, UPS, and others offer dependable and efficient international shipping services. These couriers provide end-to-end tracking, faster delivery times, and additional services such as customs clearance assistance. They may cost more, but they offer security and convenience.
4. Once your shipment has been shipped, trace its progress to the tracking number provided by the sender or shipping carrier.
Commonly required documentation includes:
a. This subsection highlights the details of the shipment’s contents, value, and country of origin.
b. ID or Passport: You may be required to present your ID or passport to verify your identification when claiming your package parcel.
c. Depending on the type of cargo, additional paperwork such as permits, licenses, and certificates may be required. Research and consult the KRA’s website or customer support for specific requirements
Customs officials will evaluate the shipment and provide you with information regarding duties and taxation. Ensure you have sufficient funds available to make the payment of your parcel so as to cut off any delay which may arise.
7. The parcel will be made available for delivery following customs clearance and payment of duties and taxes. You will coordinate the delivery schedule with a transportation company like UK Kenya Shipping Ltd.
Depending on the courier, you may have the option to pick up your delivery at their local office if this is more convenient for you. But, again, provide accurate contact information and address information to avoid delivery issues.
Once you receive an international parcel in Kenya, it is necessary to comprehend with the necessary customs regulations, choose the appropriate shipping method, monitor the shipment, and complete the customs clearance process.
Here are some additional tips for your consideration:
1. Communication with the Sender: Maintaining precise and consistent communication with the sender throughout the procedure is essential.
2. Consider purchasing delivery insurance which is also offered by UK Kenya Shipping Ltd, and this adds to one of the reasons why you should choose them, to protect your shipment from theft, loss, or damage during transit. The majority of shippers provide insurance options for an extra fee.
Certain items, including firearms, illegal drugs, and counterfeit products, are strictly prohibited. Therefore, ensure that your shipment’s contents comply with the country’s regulations to avoid delays or confiscation.
4. Be Prepared for Potential Delays. Customs inspections, inclement weather, and logistical issues can cause unanticipated delays in international shipments.
Even though most shipments arrive on time, being patient and prepared for possible delays is essential. Maintain communication with both the shipper and the shipping company for updates on your parcel.
5. Maintain Records and Documentation: Throughout the entire procedure, it is essential to maintain records and documentation about the shipment.
It includes tracking numbers, receipts, invoices, and other customs-related documentation. These documents will be beneficial in the event of any issues, disputes, or inquiries in the future.
If you follow the necessary steps and remain informed of the customs regulations and shipping requirements, receiving an international delivery in Kenya can be a simple process.
By being proactive, organized, and well-prepared, you can ensure a smooth delivery experience and eagerly await the arrival of your shipment.
According to 42,755 assessments,
SIMPLE & EASY
Completely door-to-door shipping
Real-time of tracking all shipments
Inclusion of basic insurance coverage in the price.
Sending parcels to Kenya through UK Kenya shipping
Have your shipments delivered to Kenya from your doorstep.
Send packages to virtually any address in Kenya without leaving your home! Furthermore, reserving the shipping service on our website saves time and effort because you do not need to deliver the product personally.
How to prepare cargo for delivery to Kenya
Packing is a crucial aspect of coordinating delivery to Kenya. We recommend shipping the items in a sturdy cardboard carton for maximum protection. Follow the simple packing instructions, and you’ll be ok:
• To protect the object, use a box that is slightly larger than the item.
• Wrap each item in plastic wrap
• Arrange items in the box and fill any vacant spaces with packing material.
• Seal and secure the carton with tape
A proforma and commercial invoice is required to ship a package to Kenya from a foreign country. In addition, depending on the cargo’s intended use, additional documentation may be required.
The recipient must pay applicable customs fees before a parcel is delivered in Kenya. The courier and customs officials will contact you and inform you of the required payment amount to receive the shipment.
View additional details about customs procedures
ARE YOU A BUSINESS?
Simplify your processes.
Join the 10000 businesses that have chosen UK-Kenya shipping as their
Permanent transportation with infrastructure with immediate access to it has multiple advantages.
Create a commercial bank account.
Shipping options for large and small shipments to Kenya
• Create the smallest possible packaging
• Reserving a non-urgent shipping method such as Standard Service
• Reuse the only packaging materials in pristine condition
• Disassemble the item as possible
• Occasionally, shipping two standard-sized shipments is less expensive than shipping one oversized package.
• To avoid weight based on the shipping fees and reserve for the pallet delivery.
Estimate the cost of sending the parcel to Kenya.
These factors that influence the cost of sending a package to Kenya:
• Weight and dimensions of the bundle
• Collection and delivery points
• Mode of transport utilized
• Paid for supplementary services
WILLING TO SHIP?
You can Estimate the price while sending your package to Kenya.
How can I dispatch a package to Kenya?
Standard Service provides the most affordable shipping rates (on select routes only).
Which shipping company will convey my package to Kenya?
Our platform’s algorithm will select the courier to deliver your package in Kenya based on your delivery route, package dimensions, and dispatch urgency.
We endeavor to provide Kenya with the most affordable shipping rates at UK Kenya shipping. We collaborate with multiple international couriers, including DHL, UPS, GLS, and DPD. The courier will deliver your order and be indicated to confirm the email.
How rapidly can your package be delivered to Kenya?
Our Express Service exclusively utilizes air transport and offers Kenya the quickest parcel delivery periods. However, the transit time depends on the distance and the collection location. Therefore, sending an urgent delivery to Kenya on the same day may be possible if you plan your shipment.
What is the maximum cargo weight that can be sent to Kenya?
When you use the platform to send a large parcel to Kenya, the system automatically determines available services to fulfill your request.
Can I send a package to Kenya under the identity of another person?
Yes, it is possible to dispatch the package to Kenya on behalf of another individual. However, you can provide an accurate address and contact information to prevent delivery and pickup complications.
If your parcel delivery service to Kenya requires the shipping labels to be printed and fixed to the product, ensure the recipient to receives the title on time. The brand is typically sent via email.
What to watch out for when receiving international packages from private parties
This section only applies to individuals who receive international products from other individuals, such as from a relative or a close associate.
Would you like to know where your shipment is UK Kenya shipping?
Your postal and courier service can inform you of the location of your delivery and whether customs procedures, for example, have been completed. However, customs cannot provide information regarding this matter.
It pertains to objects that are not intended for commercial use. “not of a commercial nature” is understood to refer to:
The shipment is only incidental.
The products are for the addressee’s or their family’s personal use.
Due to the nature and size of the cargo, it cannot be classified as commercial.
The sender has shipped the goods, but payment has not been received.
You may be required while dealing with the procedures when importing goods:
Import duties remitted
The postal or courier service handling the cargo will almost always take the customs declaration. This declaration must contain essential information for Customs, including the value and description of the products.
If these details are unknown, the postal or courier service will contact you to acquire them. If the following costs can not cover the carrier, the post office or courier service will charge you for them upon delivery:
The postal or courier service’s fees for filing the customs declaration.
This are the charges for additional postal or courier services rendered.
Any tax liabilities
Prohibitions or restrictions on imports
Learn more on the rules for counterfeit items that endangered animal and plant species, animal products, and foodstuffs such as plants, flowers, vegetables, fruit, weapons and ammunition, medicines, narcotics, art, and antiques in the sections.
Are you receiving goods from a member state?
When receiving goods from a country within the European Union, Customs clearance is only required if it contains excise products such as tobacco and alcohol.
Alcohol-containing products are subject to excise tax. Tobacco products are required to have a legitimate excise stamp from the Netherlands. No exemption threshold exists for excise products below which no excise duty is due.
How the UK-Kenya shipping system works
• Choose a Post Office location to retrieve your mail from. It is nearly everywhere in the United Kingdom and most major international cities. Verify whether UK Kenya shipping is offered to the destination place.
• Mail sent within the United Kingdom is placed at the Post Office of your choice for up to two weeks. Anything sent internationally is held for one month.
Establishing a UK-Kenya shipping
1. Enter the limb
• If you reside or are traveling in the United Kingdom, visit the branch where you wish to have your mail delivered. Please be aware that the service may not be accessible in all areas.
Please allow for a response within five business days.
Additionally, our Branch Locator provides the addresses of Post Office locations.
2. Specify the address
Inform your friends, family, and business associates of the location of the Post Office where you will be collecting your mail. It is how it should be written:
Post Office designation
Street address information for the post office
Post Office postal code
territory (if applicable)
Your UK-Kenya shipping address will become active immediately.
Request that they include a return address on the reverse of the envelope.
3. Establish your position
Visit your local Post Office location to retrieve your mail.
Bring your passport if you are visiting the United Kingdom from a foreign country.
In addition to your passport, you must present proof of your address if you reside in the United Kingdom.
• Choose a Post Office location to retrieve your mail from. It is nearly everywhere in the United Kingdom and most major international cities. Verify whether UK-Kenya shipping is offered at the destination area.
• Mail sent within the United Kingdom is held at the Post Office of your choice for up to two weeks. Anything shipped internationally is held for one month.
• An item will not be stored for longer than 14 days if mailed within the United Kingdom and delivered to a United Kingdom post office; one month if shipped internationally and delivered to a United Kingdom post office.
• Uncollected mail will be deemed undelivered and sent to the National Returns Centre in Belfast.
• If abuse is suspected (for example, if the recipient has a permanent address in the area), the service will be terminated.
Necessary exportation for specifications to Kenya
• To ensure that the parcel is delivered on time, please include the complete and accurate address, using an email address in the proper format, and the mobile and landline number of the intended recipient on the label.
It will aid the delivery partner in accurately delivering the package the first time. It must be marked on the packaging.
• You will discover the definition of the ‘working days’ and additional relevant information.
international express shipments
• To avoid delivery and customs issues, our carrier partners require a complete name on global express shipments (e.g., Mr. John Smith).
• Shipments should be valued at more than $10,000 and must include a pre-inspection report.
• Transit times for global express depend on collection schedules, sender and recipient locations, and sender and recipient addresses.
[Note: the global express calculator depicts delivery times for parcels sent through the customer account; packages sent through retail channels may take longer depending on the mode of shipping]
Customs, Prohibitions, and the Restriction
• Please consult the page to confirm that your items are not prohibited or restricted.
Due to the rapid expansion to the global market, individuals and enterprises in Kenya are increasingly accustomed to receiving packages from abroad.
Whether you are expecting a package from a loved one or a business shipment, it is essential to comprehend the process and requirements involved in receiving packets from abroad.
This guidance will walk you through the steps to ensure a seamless, trouble-free experience.
1. Before receiving a parcel from abroad, one must become acquainted with Kenyan customs regulations. For example, various items may be subject to import restrictions or require special licenses or permits.
2. Providing accurate and thorough cargo information is essential When placing an international order or receiving a shipment from a foreign country.
Check your name, address, and contact information accuracy, including postal codes and phone numbers. Any errors or insufficient information may result in shipment delays or return.
3. Choose a Reputable Shipping Company Choosing a reputable shipping company is crucial to ensuring your shipment arrives safely and on time.
Consider cost, delivery timeliness, tracking capabilities, and customer reviews when comparing various shipping options. In addition to Kenya Post, well-known international carriers such as DHL, FedEx, and UPS provide reliable services to Kenya.
Keep track of the tracking number provided by the sender and frequently check the carrier’s website or mobile app for up-to-date information. It will allow you to monitor your package’s location and anticipate its arrival.
5. Customs Duties and Taxes: You may be charged customs duties, taxes, and handling fees if you receive a delivery from a foreign country. Typically, the amount you are due is based on the declared value and contents of the shipment.
6. Provide Necessary Documentation: In some instances, additional documentation may be required for customs clearance. These documents may include a commercial invoice, import permits, certificates of origin, or other pertinent paperwork.
7. Once your shipment has arrived in Kenya, the cargo company will contact you to coordinate delivery or provide collection instructions. When collecting the delivery, you must present a valid form for any identification, such as a driver’s license or passport.
Pay applicable customs fees at the designated collection point or upon dispatch. If these steps are followed, receiving an international delivery in Kenya is straightforward.
Familiarise yourself with customs regulations, provide accurate shipping information, select a reputable shipping company, monitor your shipment, comprehend customs duties, and prepare the necessary documentation.
By ensuring the instructions, you can ensure that receiving your international packages in Kenya is uncomplicated and uncomplicated. Happy parcel delivery!
Certainly! There are a few additional tips to consider while receiving an international delivery in Kenya:
1. When acquiring fragile or expensive items, it is prudent to purchase package insurance. Some shipping companies offer insurance options to protect your cargo from loss or damage during transport.
Determine if your shipment’s provided insurance coverage is required by examining its terms and conditions.
2. Communicate with the Sender: Maintain contact with the sender throughout delivery.
Ensure they provide accurate monitoring information and update you on any delivery changes. Clear communication will facilitate the prompt resolution of any issues or concerns.
3. Depending on the shipping company and the contents of your cargo, you may have multiple delivery options. Others might require that you collect the package from their local office or customs clearance location. Evaluate the available delivery options and choose the best that meets your needs and preferences.
4. Customs clearance procedures can be time-consuming, especially for specific product categories or when additional documentation is required. Consider this when tracking your shipment and establishing arrival estimates. Always leave some wiggle room in your schedule to account for potential delays in the customs clearance process.
5. Regularly check the tracking status of your delivery to stay abreast of its progression. Subscribe to email or SMS notifications provided by the shipping company to receive updates on delivery status, customs clearance, and any necessary actions on your part. Respond promptly to any messages or requests to prevent your delivery from being late.
6. Inspect the Condition of the Package Upon Delivery: Before signing for your package’s delivery, carefully examine if there are any signs of damage or interference.
7. After successfully obtaining your package, consider providing the shipping company with feedback.
In Kenya, receiving a delivery from abroad can be an exciting experience. By adhering to these additional recommendations and the steps enumerated in the previous section, you will be well-equipped to receive your international packages quickly and without incident.